To our customers…our coastal hideaway hotel will soon be open again. It’s been a long three months since we closed our doors in March. We’ve missed seeing your smiles and hearing your stories from your rambles along the coast; consequently, we’ve been busy planning procedures for your safe escape to North Devon, and we’re looking forward to seeing you all once more.
The safety of our guests, customers and staff is our priority, we would like to ensure you that our plans and procedures follow the Government’s guidelines, we will be reviewing these constantly to ensure our environment is the safest it can be. Please see below for more information.
What we’re doing
- Temperature checks for all staff before starting work.
- Providing appropriate PPE, including face masks and gloves, for each member of staff.
- Setting up sanitising stations at all entrances to the hotel.
- Where we can, using a one-way system for customers entering and leaving the premises.
- Providing a socially distanced dining area.
- Thoroughly disinfecting shared areas, including tables between customer use.
What we’re asking you to do
- Stay home and postpone your visit if you are showing symptoms of Covid-19, these include a high fever, persistent cough and loss of taste and smell. We do have a handheld non-contact thermometer for guests to use if they wish to.
- Respect those around you by maintaining social distancing at all times.
- Download the ‘Track and Trace’ app when available to your smartphone and/or tablet.
- Use contactless payment where possible.
- Finally, be kind, these are uncertain times we’re living through, thoughtfulness and consideration for others are appreciated now more than ever.
Furthermore, due to social distancing, our table numbers are limited, please call us, using the contact details provided below, to book ahead for an evening meal. However, we will be prioritising seating for our guests and therefore cannot guarantee there will be availability when you ring.
If you have a booking with us
A member of our friendly reception team will be in contact with you before your arrival to ask you of your preferences on:
- Dining times (breakfast, lunch and evening meals).
- Evening dining, eating in the restaurant or your room.
- The housekeeper entering your room during your stay.
- Payment details for check out.
This will streamline your check-in to allow for a faster and reduced contact procedure. Moreover, during this time we have been advised against handling your luggage and showing you to your room. Although, should you need help or have any special requirements please do let us know before you arrive so we can make the necessary arrangements with everybody’s safety in mind.
On the morning of your check-out your bill will be placed under your door, on check out we would like to ask you to leave your key on our reception desk. We will automatically take payment for your stay using the card details provided. Should you have any questions concerning checking out please ask when we call prior to your visit or a member of staff during the breakfast service.
In the meantime, please continue to stay safe and keep your fingers crossed for the return of the warm weather for when we open!
Should you have any questions, special requests or require any further information on the hotel, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will do our best to assist:
The Rock House, Manor Green, Lynmouth EX35 6EN
Telephone +44 (0)1598 752251